We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: June 7, 2016
4 Forms of Braces
If you think that braces are a one-size-fits-all proposition, you’re in for a surprise. See, advances in orthodontics have led to more choices in braces than ever before. See which is right for your smile.
Traditional Metal Braces
When most people think of braces, they usually recall this type consisting of metal brackets and wires. Yet family orthodontics have come a long way and introduce many kinds of smaller, less noticeable, more comfortable braces. Most orthodontists in Connecticut offer many varieties in addition to the conventional metal.
- Most affordable braces
- Ideal braces for kids
- Options for colored bands
- Proven effectiveness
- Most noticeable orthodontics option for braces
- Metal brackets and wires can irritate mouth
Ceramic braces are shaped and sized similarly to metal braces, but they have tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires that are much less noticeable than metal. They have become very popular and are offered by many orthodontists in Connecticut. An orthodontist often recommends them to adults and teens who are self-conscious about wearing braces.
- More discreet than metal braces
- Can straighten and shift teeth much faster than Invisalign invisible aligners
- Less affordable braces than metal
- Brackets may stain without proper care
This orthodontics option is similar to traditional metal braces, but the brackets are placed on the back of the teeth to be practically invisible from view. An orthodontist will usually recommend them for adults who are insecure about being seen with braces.
- Barely visible from the outside
- Requires more time for adjustments
- Hard to clean
- Less affordable braces than other options
- Not suitable for complex dental needs, so not the best braces for kids
- Often uncomfortable at first
Invisalign Invisible Aligners
This is one of the newest types of braces offered by family orthodontics practices. Rather than moving teeth with brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners. Each is worn for about two weeks and then replaced with the next in the series. They are removed to ease eating, drinking, and cleaning teeth.
- Virtually invisible
- Removable for better function
- Not recommended for complex dental problems
- Can be easily lost or misplaced
- Only used for adults and teens, so not an option as braces for kids
- Least affordable braces type
- May require longer treatment time
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Connecticut, contact Premier Dental of Connecticut today or make an appointment.
Premier Dental of Connecticut offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Connecticut. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Premier Dental of Connecticut, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Premier Dental of Connecticut.