COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 5, 2016
Should You Replace Missing Teeth with Dental Bridges or Dental Implants?
If you want to replace missing teeth, your two primary options are dental bridges and dental implants. Uncover the facts and features of each to find the top treatment for you.
All the Details on Dental Bridges
Dental bridges, a popular temporary tooth replacement solution, differ greatly from dental implants. Dental bridges consist of a frame with dental crowns on each side and replacement teeth in the middle. The dental crowns get attached to the surrounding teeth to secure the frame with the replacement teeth. Discover all of the advantages and disadvantages of this replacement option:
- Recommended for people with significant jaw bone damage or loss
- Simple and painless process
- Helps maintain proper facial shape and structure
- Stops existing teeth from shifting into the spaces left by missing teeth
- Only calls for two to three visits to an affordable dentist
- No surgery needed for this simple dental procedure
- Temporary solution
- Relies on the natural teeth for support
- Demands removing a great deal of natural tooth structure from the nearby teeth to accommodate the dental crowns
- May slip or shift when talking and chewing
- Must be replaced every 10 to 15 years
All the Facts on Dental Implants
Dental implants are an extremely effective way to permanently replace missing teeth. They consist of titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone to serve as a base for the replacement teeth. Dental implants offer a number of positives and problems. Review this list of both to see if dental implants fit your needs:
- Permanent solution
- No need to remove any natural tooth structure from surrounding teeth for placement
- Requires barely any maintenance
- Can last 25 years or more
- Very easy to maintain
- Simple care and cleaning process, requiring the same brushing, flossing, and regular professional dental care as natural teeth
- Easy to brush and floss
- Most natural look
- Extremely comfortable
- Allows for easy talking, eating, and chewing
- Very cost-effective long-term because no replacement is needed
- Surgery required for placement
- More costly than other options, but finding an affordable dentist can ease the total expense
Now that you fully understand the differences between these two dental options, talk to your dentist to see which replacement is right for your needs.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Connecticut, contact Premier Dental of Connecticut today or make an appointment.
Premier Dental of Connecticut offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Connecticut. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Premier Dental of Connecticut, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Premier Dental of Connecticut.