We are open - safety is our top priority!
Enjoy a Younger Looking Smile with Teeth Whitening in Farmington Valley
If your smile isn’t as bright as it used to be, you are not alone. Smoking and many of the foods and drinks we consume on a daily basis can stain our tooth enamel. Cosmetic teeth whitening is a fast and affordable way to make your smile shine again.
Does Professional Teeth Whitening Really Work?
Our in-office teeth whitening process is often referred to as power bleaching or chairside whitening. The entire procedure is closely monitored by our experienced dentist to ensure that it is safe and painless. The bleaching gel that we use is much more concentrated than anything available over the counter, so you get noticeable results after the very first treatment. If you are tired of living with discolored teeth, call our office to find out if cosmetic whitening is right for you.
Do All Dental Stains Respond to Cosmetic Teeth Whitening?
To determine if you are a candidate for cosmetic teeth whitening, our dentist will examine your teeth to ensure that they are healthy and that you have a type of tooth discoloration that can be treated with our power bleaching process. We recommend dental whitening for patients who have yellow or dingy teeth because of years of smoking or the long-term consumption of certain foods and drinks.
Our whitening procedure may not be right for you if your discoloration is caused by medication, such as tetracycline, or by decay or other serious issues involving the structure of the tooth. Other cosmetic dental procedures may be better options in these situations. You should bear in mind that the materials used for fillings, crowns, and veneers are not receptive to the bleaching process, so additional repairs and procedures may be required to match the color to the lighter natural teeth.
Zoom® Teeth Whitening: Whiter Teeth in One Day
Our office in West Hartford is proud to offer Zoom® teeth whitening treatment, which can deliver a smile that’s up to eight shades whiter after just one visit. Zoom is the most requested professional teeth whitening brand in America. It’s also proven to be comfortable for people with sensitive teeth because of its adjustable intensity settings.
Best of all, you can relax in our office while Zoom does all the work.
Our hygienist or dentist first will ensure that you don’t have any cavities or gum disease. Then we’ll assess your current tooth color to determine the duration of your treatment and take impressions of your teeth for custom-made trays. Zoom uses a two-step process of a hydrogen peroxide whitening gel and a special chairside light that enables the gel to penetrate the teeth faster. Treatment consists of three 15-minute sessions for a total time of 45 minutes. In less than an hour, you’ll leave our office with a much-whiter smile.
Do You Offer At-home Teeth Whitening Products?
If you want the convenience of whitening your teeth at home, we urge you to invest in one of our customized at-home teeth whitening kits that will help you brighten your teeth up to six shades in a matter of weeks. Most patients wear their whitening trays for about an hour a day. Our personalized kits offer several advantages over over-the-counter versions:
- Our dentist will take impressions of your teeth to ensure that your whitening trays fit properly.
- Each kit comes with professional-strength whitening gel for fast, reliable results.
- We will make sure that you know exactly how to use your kit for optimal results.
How Much Does a Teeth Bleaching Dentist Charge?
The type of whitening system used, the number of treatments required, and the need for follow-up appointments or restoration repairs are just a few of the factors that can affect your teeth bleaching cost. We will provide you with an accurate estimate once our dentist has assessed your dental needs. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.
Can I Save Money by Using an Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Product?
It is possible to perform teeth whitening at home using whitening trays, strips, gels, rinses, and toothpastes available at your corner retail store or pharmacy, but you probably will not be satisfied with the results. These products lack the strength to provide the type of dramatic results available with our professional-grade whitening products. Our dentist supervises each step of the teeth whitening process, so you will get more reliable results and reduce the likelihood of gum irritation or other complications caused by user error.
What Can I Expect When Getting a Teeth Whitening in Farmington Valley?
The teeth whitening procedure involves several steps that can vary slightly based on the specific system used. The following is an overview of what you can expect during your appointment:
- The dentist will carefully examine your teeth to make sure they are healthy and there are no underlying issues that could affect the bleaching process.
- We will then prep your teeth by cleaning them to remove any tartar, surface stains, or debris.
- We will take a few photos of your teeth that will be used for comparison during the procedure.
- The dentist will coat your gums with a protective liquid to prevent the bleaching gel from damaging the delicate tissue.
- The bleaching gel is applied in individual coats. Each coat is allowed to sit on the teeth for a short time and then removed. Most patients require several coats to achieve the desired results.
- The dentist may use a special light to improve the effectiveness of the bleaching gel.
- After applying several coats of whitening gel, the dentist will compare your tooth color to the baseline photos to determine if you need further treatments either in our office or at home.
How Can I Learn More About Cosmetic Teeth Whitening?
There is no better time than the present to reclaim your smile. Call today for more information about cosmetic teeth whitening or to schedule a consultation with a teeth bleaching dentist.